Wednesday, March 26, 2008
We made it!!!
And we are COMPLETELY exhausted. Neither of us slept much on the flight and both of us were awake around 2:30am Tuesday morning. We survived the longest flight of all time, I swear. I would say we survived in one piece, but well, I got VERY SICK on the decent and landing into Beijing. I wasn't feeling great when we arrived in Chicago, but after I ate, I felt better. I think the fact that we didn't eat much on the flight to Beijing (I wasn't crazy about the food, who does that surprise?? haha). I think I ate 4 granola bars trying not to get sick. I started feeling bad about 6 hours into the flight...then they fed us hot ham & cheese about 45 minutes we landed. Not good. I was so sick...it was the worst I've ever had on a flight, but flying is not my most favorite thing.
So...we are grabbing some oatmeal for supper and calling it a day. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow, but I know we have to go the supermarket to buy more water.
More tomorrow...when I'm more "with it".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
5 comments:
Glad you made it safe. So sorry you're sick though. I hope your stomach adjusts quickly. One word of advice on the return trip don't eat the plane food. It's prepared there so it will be more risky. But it looks like you might have a straight flight home so that might not work for you. Bring lots of granola. Enjoy your free day.
Oh, I am so sorry you got sick. That's just aweful.
I remember our first real night and day there. We were up at 4:00am ready for breakfast. Give it a few days and you'll get used to the time change. I'm sorry to say, the jet lag is much worse when you return home...at least it was for us.
We've been praying for you guys. We've been praying that little Megan knows her Mommy and Daddy when she see's y'all.
Feel better soon! I know you are so eager to see your daughter, but I guess now it is good to have time to get used to the time change and start to feel a little more like yourself when you meet her. All of us here at Buckner are praying for you!
Congratulations!!! I agree, jet leg is worse when you get home! I know you both are going to be great parents and I look forward to seeing pictures of the family! Be safe and enjoy the culture and your little girl!
Hi Kris, I am so excited for you all!! Sorry you aren't feeling well. See if you can find some peanut butter crackers for the trip home. It's usually safe and a good filler for a long trip. Your little one has no idea the wonderful life she will have with her new mom and dad. Just think what a great life she will have and the blessing she will be to you both!
Post a Comment