About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Last Day in Beijing

It's late, we're tired...so quickly....what we did today.

Rickshaw Ride in Old Beijing

We toured the Hutongs (Old Beijing). We were able to visit a family's home. It was fascinating.

We also visited the Great Wall. As you can tell from the photos...the weather did not cooperate. There were low clouds, mist in the air and snow on the ground (yes, snow). The steps were very slick...we didn't go up very far at all, unfortunately.
True proof we were at the actual wall--no faking here.


We also visited the Jade Factory...what talent the artists have! GEESH. Then tonight we went to the Chinese Acrobat show. What I saw of it (my eyes were so heavy!), it was good. DH did see the whole thing and said it was really good.

That's all for now...we leave for Changsha in the morning...so it will likely be tomorrow afternoon that I get to add more information. I'm tired and we have to be completely packed, checked out of the hotel and waiting for our guide by 9am. Pray we sleep well tonight! We've not been getting much sleep at all. We are getting Megan on Monday at around 10am...(which is about 9pm Sunday Texas time). That's basically 36 hrs away! SO EXCITING!

8 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

You are so lucky you got to see the Wall. We went through Hong Kong. When we got back...we ARE going to see the Wall. I can't wait to come back and see pics of Megan!! We've been praying for y'all!!

Deb said...

Oh wow! That's tomorrow (kind of). I'll be praying for an easy transition of arms with Megan.

How neat that you have a picture of the Wall with snow. I've never seen one like that before.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I will be praying that you get a very peaceful sleep tonight and that you day will be as relaxing as possible. We are thinking of you often and love reading your blog!

Sheila

Suz said...

Oh how exciting. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night at 9 p.m. as you meet your precious bundle! Wow, it's finally almost here after all this time!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo fun and we can hardly wait for your return with Meggie!!! We prayed for you at prayer time at church tonight and the Bible Study Ladies are praying also. April 9th seems so far away, but I guess we will just have to wait. (A few more days after all this time!) See you soon, Ann & Donna

Anonymous said...

We just got home from Moab and checked your website. Kaitlyn is so excited to have a cousin from China. We can't wait to meet her. We're praying for you. Get some sleep.

Mystimus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mystimus said...

You guys are less than 24 hours from Megan. What an exciting time. We are praying for you and look forward to seeing the first pictures of your whole family together. Our best to you!

Brian & Jennifer

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)