About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, March 14, 2008

Only 16 days...NO 11 days!

Yes! 11 days before we leave...that means only one more Friday before we leave for China!

16 (ok or maybe 17) days until we get Megan!!!! OH MY GOSH! That's about 2 weeks! HOORAY!

We had our travel meeting this week...which (for us being so far away) was an almost 3 hour conference call. Literally, the battery on my cordless phone almost ran out! We got all sorts of information and became even more excited about our upcoming trip. Well, and reading Wendy's blog adds to my excitement! Wendy is in Hong Kong right now...just hours away from getting their daughter, Catherine! I'm so anxious to get to China. We'll be that much closer to Megan.

It's still possible that the entire group could visit their child's orphanages because of all the humanitarian work done by the agency last month. We simply will need to inform our guide that we'd like to go once we get to Changsha. DH & I are 100 percent sure we want to go, and yes, Megan will go with us. We realize that it could be difficult for Megan to see what she's familiar with and then leave it again, but it could also bring her some level of closure/comfort. I don't know. We are both aware of the potential consequences for us and Megan, but we both want to see the only hometown Megan has known. It is closer to Changsha than we expected, it's apparently only about 2 hrs away.

Other piece of news from the travel meeting...they are working on us getting the babies in the afternoon on March 30th rather than the 31st. I am PRAYING that is the case! Getting her about 24 hours earlier...there are no words. We should get our final itinerary within the next few days...then we'll know more specifics at that point!

We're going to China!!! Pinch me, someone...anyone???

1 comment:

Suz said...

Oh it is so exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)