We arrived this afternoon in Changsha at about 3:00pm. It's been SOOOO busy since then! We really like our guide, Ashley. He's so funny and his English is very good. They had us and the 2 other families that came from Beijing arrive at the airport at the same time as the 2 families who were in Shanghai for the past 2 days. So, we loaded up in our tour bus and headed to the hotel. The airport is in the country side, and it definitely looks different than Beijing. The houses are very different and even in the city, there just was not much traffic (although that could be because we came in on Sunday afternoon). Our hotel is absolutely delightful. A crib, baby bathtub and baby bowl and spoon were waiting for us in our room (talk about surreal!). We had a meeting about our paperwork and get the instructions about tomorrow (documents we need to bring, time we need to meet, what will likely happen, etc.). Then we ran down to one of the restaurants in the hotel for a quick dinner (Day 6 and I'm just about done with Chinese food!). We went back up to the hotel room to organize everything...we know where things are now...that's one less thing we have to worry about once we get Megan tomorrow (oh my gosh, TOMORROW!)
A few quick things...I'm feeling better, but definitely not feeling great. Of course a few truly good nights of rest would be helpful! I'm still averaging about 4-5 hours of sleep, and they are not consecutive. I'm one who needs a good 7-8 hours to feel rested, so I'm a bit foggy at various points during the day--in fact any point where we sit down for any length of time! DH slept better last night, hopefully he'll be able to sleep even more tonight! My head, though, is hurting almost constantly. Beijing was SSSOOOO dry, it was wreaking havoc on my sinuses...but it's much more humid here, so that might help a bit.
This still feels like a dream...but tomorrow...wow..tomorrow...in about 14 hours we will have Megan. Oh my goodness, the day is finally here!!!!
**** Other thing...there could be a snafu with Megan's passport on Friday. Apparently, the government just announced that Friday is a holiday and all offices are closed. So it could mean that we won't get the passport until Monday. While it does not change that we will leave Changsha on Friday, it could cause problems when we get to Guangzhou as we have an appointment at 10am on Monday, but if Ashley has to fly to Guangzhou with the passports, he won't be there by then. Please pray they "expedite" the process since it's the holiday so we can leave on Friday afternoon with her passport. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
5 comments:
I'll be praying about the passport situation.
I can hardly believe that you are just hours away from picking up your daughter. I know you've got to be full of so many emotions. We're praying for you all.
It is Sunday in TX and we will be remembering your family as the evening approaches. What an amazing and historic day this will be for the Kittle family. You three continue to be in our prayers.
Bob and Cindy
I know exactly how you are feeling. My eyes well up with tears when I think of our Gotcha Day. I cant believe it's just been 2 mos. This will be an amazing day for you. You will be amazed at how all the details will have already been taken care of. He has already paved the way for you and He has already fixed the problem with Megans passport. Just enjoy your Gotcha moment!!! I will be thinking and praying for you all evening(Sunday in Tx)!!
Stacey
We are so excited for you! We've been following your story every day. You haven't left my thoughts for very long. It's hard to believe it's only a few hours away!
Kimberly
You've got our prayers. We can't wait to see pictures. I would pray for good sleep for you tonight, but your probably about to wake up. This is going to be a day you'll never forget!!!
Post a Comment