About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A few thoughts...

In less than an hour, we are leaving to go to the Civil Affairs office to get Megan. We're simply waiting for time to pass at this point. I'm hoping we'll get to post something when we get back this afternoon, but I suspect it might simply by photos (which is probably what everyone is looking for aways!). I wanted to post a couple of thoughts....

First, our hotel here, The Dolton Hotel, is older than the hotel in Beijing, but really nice. It's one of two 5 star hotels in Changsha. The breakfast this morning was really good. It was so nice to see things we recognized..french toast, pastries and omelets to order plus the Chinese things we saw at the last hotel. The Beijing hotel room was so hot, it was never below 77 degrees. This room is a bit on the cooler side, more like 72. We are both a bit concerned about Megan staying as warm as she is used to. I think we can control the temperature in the room, but we're not really sure.

The weather is chilly and rainy here. I brought warmer clothes for Megan, but I'm concerned they won't be warm enough. We also brought mostly short sleeve shirts for us...so we'll be bundled up here as well, unless it warms up soon! (Guess I won't need my sandals here!)

It is still up in the air whether we will be going to Megan's orphanage or not. We plan on talking to Ashley sometime today about it. We are praying we get the chance, but I'm really not sure. Ashley is staying at the hotel on our floor tonight so that he can be available if we need assistance with the babies (need a doctor or have problems, etc.). He's been helping families for 10 years (but he looks like he's 20!) and is well versed in how to help with the transition. Pray that Megan transitions easily but pray that we can handle her transition (aka handle virtually no sleep and hearing constant crying). Pray that we know how to make her bottle the way she likes it and can understand what she wants.

Alright...leaving in about 30 minutes...so I need to make sure we've got everything we need as after we get Megan we will go to the "baby store" to find diapers, formula, baby food, etc. We won't likely be back to the hotel until mid afternoon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see your pictures. Hang in there!! It's hard when you don't get enough sleep, but it is definitely worth the blessing of a child in the end. We've been thinking about you all day and are praying that everything goes well.

Jim, Sonja, & Kaitlyn

Anonymous said...

Ashley can not quit asking question about when Aunt Kris & Uncle Keith will have their little Megan!
You are all in our thoughts and prayers!
XOXO,
Keith, Jodi, Ashley & Brady

Anonymous said...

We hope to be praying for you at the very moment they place Megan into your arms. You will both do great - no need to be concerned. She will be blessed to have two very amazing parents.

Bob and Cindy

Deb said...

Looking forward to seeing the first family picture and hearing all the details.
You'll do great with her. I've sure you can buy her a snowsuit or something if you need to.

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you all afternoon and watching the clock. If I have been counting the minutes all afternoon, then you must have been even more so! By now, I pray your precious daughter is in your arms and that you know that she was worth every moment of the wait. Congratulations! I will be looking forward to you next post, hopefully one that will include that first family photo!

-Sheila

Anonymous said...

Kaitlyn is just like Ashley, she can't wait to see the photos. Well, I waited up until after 11:00pm Denver time to see if there were pictures yet, but I'll just have to wait until the morning. God Bless You All.

Jim, Sonja, & Kaitlyn

Kay Torney said...

Dick and Kay Torney ar thrilled to see pictures of your darling Megan.
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Megen is such an incredible blessing! And she is absolutely beautiful. We're so happy for you all and are so excited about all that's happening for your family. Our prayers continue for you all: good health, peaceful sleep, Megen's bonding to her new mommy and daddy, and safe travels. Blessings abound! Love to you all,

Moni and Paul

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)