Dad is still in the hospital. We had hoped he would be coming home tomorrow, but there's a list of things he has to do before he can even eat solid foods. He hasn't completed the list yet (who knew farting was so important!!!). The doctor said this morning that he'll be in the hospital through Sunday at least. That is so crappy. When I got the news this morning, I tried not to have a meltdown...and at this point, I'm just trying to not think about it. He's tired of being in the hospital bed and really ready for a real shower! If you are the praying kind, we could use it. Pray that his body "wakes up" so he's able to eat solid food. He hasn't eaten since last Friday night. That's a long time. He's had clear liquids, but that's it. Pray that I have strength to be with Megan 24/7. There's many hard parts, but I think the hardest is not having an adult to talk to all day. One year olds have a pretty limited vocabulary and understanding and regular temper tantrums get tiresome! I am very grateful that Grandma V has come over the past few days to take care of Megan so I can run to the hospital for a few hours without her.
On a good news front...Megan slept from 11pm to 4am last night! I could not believe it! It's the first time she's slept 5 consecutive hours! Can you say progress?? Of course from 10-11pm she was pretty much up the entire hour. But, I was so grateful...I desperately needed that much sleep! Pray that tonight and subsequent nights will be as good!
I'll keep you posted...as time (and energy) permits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
2 comments:
I'm praying and wishing I were closer so I could come by for a visit.
That's great that she slept for 5 hours. That's what the books say is 'sleeping through the night.' Personally I think they're crazy. But I'm so glad she finally did so you were able to get some much needed sleep. I hope tonight is just as peaceful.
Your dad is on the pray list I post for this Sunday!
Post a Comment