About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Is it Waist or Waste? Hmmm

First the "waist" part...Dad's been sick for several days. I mean sicker than he's ever been in the 13 years we've been together. Finally, Monday evening after 3 days of serious sickness, I made him to go CareNow. They promptly told him he had appendicitis and he needed to go to the hospital (it was 10pm at that point). So, thanks to Grandma & Grandpa, he made it to the hospital. Waited. Had a CT Scan. Waited. Found out his appendix had ruptured. Waited. Had surgery this morning at about 6am. Megan & I made it to the hospital about 15 minutes after surgery started. It took longer than they expected because they could not do it orthoscopically. He now has about a 4 inch scar.

Now, the "waste" part...well, since I couldn't go to the hospital with Dad, I hardly slept. I was awake until after 12:30am thinking, wondering what was happening, thinking about how I needed to be asleep, thinking. Megan did fuss a bit during this time, but then she settled down. Since both grandparents were at the hospital, I KNEW I had to sleep. There was no back up plan! So, I slept from about 1 to 3:45ish when Megan realized she had lost her paci. Then I laid there wondering why they hadn't called. I mean I was sleeping with my cell phone IN MY HAND to ensure I would catch the call, but no call came. I tried calling, but Dad's cell phone was off, so I had to wait until he called me. He did finally call about 4:30 with the CT Scan results/surgery plan. I knew Megan was still asleep and would likely sleep for a bit longer, so I jumped in the shower to be that much closer to leaving for the hospital. She slept until 5am for first time in at least a week. Hence, the waste...a wasted opportunity to sleep past 4am! darn it. Hopefully she'll sleep that late tomorrow too! I certainly need the sleep.

In fact, I'm heading to bed now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is horrible! I hope he feels better real soon. I will pray for him! God Bless! Your SBP

ps...you'll be getting a package next week...keep an eye out!!

Your SBP

Deb said...

Oh my! I do hope that he is recovering well. Stubborn men. I'm glad he went to CareNow. Bummer that Megan actually slept when you couldn't.

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)