Thank goodness the good Doctor Cole is back today! Hubby remained on the clear liquid diet all weekend. The doctor on call was concerned his white blood cell count was rising which caused them to be concerned about infection. So this morning Hubby had 2 CT scans to see if they could see a pocket of infection in his abdomen. They came back fine, but did show some possible pneumonia in his lungs. He has to walk more (therefore causing him to take deeper breaths) and they changed his antibiotic this afternoon. He was also able to eat a sandwich (which he was pretty darn excited about!) after we gave him a shower. If his white blood cell counts go down tomorrow morning and continue going down on Wednesday, he will come home on Wednesday.
As far as Megan sleeping...I'm happy to report that she essentially slept all night. Literally. She was asleep from a little before 7pm until a little after 4am! She woke up for the first time at midnight, but fell back to sleep about 30 minutes after I gave her tynelol. She then fell back to sleep in my arms in the rocker and slept about an hour more. I felt so good today (even though I was awake at 4am)! I pray tonight is a repeat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
3 comments:
Glad hubby is feeling better. Happy for you, baby is sleeping!! When I had pneumonia hot showers really helped...be careful coughing...I fractured a rib. God Bless!
Glad to hear that things are going well all the way around! I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
Great news all around. Praying the counts are down today and tomorrow so he can come home.
Post a Comment