About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Snuggles with Megan


This morning Megan decided to snuggle with the elephant that plays a lullaby. This is yet another first.

She also had learned how to play peek-a-boo. I put the blanket over her face, said "where is Megan?", and she pulled the blanket off her face (and smiled, of course!). The problem with this is that when we are out and she's in the carrier, I cover her face when she's ready to go to sleep. Yesterday and this morning, she did try to pull the blanket off her face, but really only grabbed it and really didn't pull it off. So, we'll see.

It seems as though her true personality is coming out more and more everyday. And it's possible that her "cuteness" is really to get what she wants...the smiles come out and charm abounds. But, when we want something and mommy doesn't know what it is...man can we get fussy and mad! Oh my. And when she is hungry...LOOK OUT!!! She wants it NOW! She can put away the food, if she likes it. We did find out she's not too fond of pumpkin and not too crazy about a veggie mix of carrots, sweet potatoes and parsnip. But pears, oh boy, doe she love those. She almost ate an entire jar of pears after eating about a 1/4 jar of the veggie mix last night. The rice cereal here is in individual packets, and she is eating about a entire package every morning and still taking4 or sometimes 5 bottles a day plus cheerios or fruit puffs as snacks. We'll find out in the morning how much she weighs, surely she has gained weight.

We're going shopping today. Looking forward to it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and her little personality will continue to blossom. It really is such a miracle!!!!

Have fun shopping! Don't forget her China teaset! Of course, you won't. Buy lots of shoes. Buy notecards for thank yous and gifts...they're the greatest. They're in the store that gives a portion of its proceeds to orphanages.

Have fun!!!! You're almost home!!!!!!!

Kim

Mommy Spice said...

I can just see in her pictures how much personality she has. I love her snuggling with the elephant.

Lauren was that way with food. Even when we came home. I learned to give her a cracker while I was preparing her dinner. When she knew dinner was coming, her inner "hunger monster" came out.

Enjoy Guangzhou.

Anonymous said...

Good morning! It's Sunday morning here in Texas. We're starting and ending our days by checking your blog. What a joy and a blessing! Megen appears to be a very happy little girl. We're excited about meeting her, and we hope your remaining days in China are perfect in every way.

Love,

Moni and Paul

Anonymous said...

We are checking for new pics everyday. Bethany goes wild as soon as Megan's face comes up. She stretches out her arms and tries to give her kisses. It cracks us up. We can't wait for our playdates.

Stacey

Anonymous said...

What a great personality!! You can see by the pictures that she is a very happy girl. Watch out Irish and Dakota you have some competition. Only 3 more days until we get to meet the newest "Little Kittle". We can hardly wait. Take care.

-Jan

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just found your blog through another blog. I'm a mama to three children through adoption. Congratulations on your daughter. She's beautiful! :-)

Anonymous said...

You can not imagine the excitement in our house when we checked for new pictures of cousin Megan and there was a video clip!

I think we have watched it and re-watched it 100 times now :)

Loving the updates and can't believe you will be home soon!

Hugs and Kisses,
Keith, Jodi, Ashley & Brady

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)