About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday in Guangzhou

We had our medical check today. They simply look in her ears and mouth, make sure she responds to a squeaky toy, weigh her, measure her and check her over for scars. Megan was not too fond of any of this what-so-ever. Photos later. She does weigh 6.6 kg now which is over 13.2 lbs! We've put on a half of pound (or so we guess, since we really do not know where she started)! This is good news!!!

Today is very hot here...and we are very tired and ready to come home. Beyond ready to come home! We are leaving the room in a few minutes to take the classic red couch photos with our group of kids as well as entire group photo. The rest of the group is going on a dinner cruise, which we really want to go on, but considering our little Megan likes to go to sleep around 5:30 for the night, we didn't think it would be such a good idea. We had to go out last night late to get our laundry and she was a bear to get to sleep last night. I think it took over an hour...which is very unusual.

Well...we need to run...maybe I can blog more later, although I think I'm going to begin packing tonight. We already bought an extra suitcase for all our loot...so I need everything to find a home. Besides that's one step closer to coming home!!! Tuesday in our "swearing in" ceremony, described by our guide as an hour long with 59 minutes waiting and then we answer "yes" as a group. I still have a bit more shopping I need to do, but otherwise tomorrow will be hanging out at the hotel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How amazing! She is so beautiful!

Mrs. Hawkins said...

I can only imagine how ready you must be to come back home!

Anonymous said...

She is an amazing and beautiful baby! You both have waited a long time and been through a lot for this. I can't imagine how happy you both must be. Have a safe trip home.
Charles in Berlin

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)