About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, April 15, 2011

Quick catch up

Since I leave for China in less than a week...I thought I'd put a few pics up that I've been meaning to for some time...here's just a taste and I hope to get more up this weekend.

Megan had a "petting zoo" at school a few weeks ago. She really found the animals fascinating. I asked her to smile...and this is the face I get.

She loves to do what Daddy does. Daddy lays on the floor like this all the time, and so does Megan. What a cutie!


The past few weeks, she's always asking for her "just glasses". She gets a pair of her sunglasses then says "mom, these are my just glasses. okay?" I let her watch one of her favorite movies while I get ready in the morning, so she's been getting her "just glasses", then crawling in my bed, then taking them off and putting them by my clock (like I do). So, T@rget had kids sunglasses in the dollar bin...and I let her pick a pair (and I got a few extra...for $1 how can you pass that up???) and we popped out the lenses. She's IN HEAVEN!

She has really grown up in the past 2 weeks or so. I know we're a bit slow, but she has finally decided SHE wants to get dressed by herself. So, I set her clothes out, show her the back part and she does it alone. She also puts her pjs on....although tonight both the top & bottom were backwards. We're still learning. She wants a "glass plate" like us at meal times; she wants napkins like us; she's finally decided to drink her milk cold (yes, its taken THIS long!) at meal times. Oh, and she does NOT want us to hold her hand going into the stores. It started by wanting me to just hold her shoulder...and then it progressed to, "Don't hold me mom. I'll stay right by you." And she does! She also wants to push the cart or walk by the cart, not in the cart. Thank goodness several stores have those long carts where kids can stand right in front of you while you and (they think) they help push the cart. Those things are genius! Love them. Love stores that have them! The biggest problem when she's walking next to you in the store is that she does NOT pay attention to where she is walking. So she often is about ready to walk into someone or some thing. But its all part of the growing up. She'll be 4 in a month! Hard to believe. And she has grown again. She is ALL legs. Those legs are so darn LONG!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Super cute pics! And way to go on the dressing herself! We are still working on that with our 8yr old....sigh! Excited to follow your journey to China!

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)