About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Meeting Rachel--Sunday AM

I met the guide, George, at about 7:50am in the lobby.  The reason we had to meet so early was because the other group that he was guiding with sight seeing were flying out this morning early.  So, he rode with that group in the bus to the airport, while I followed with another drive in a car.  We had to wait about 20-30 minutes at the airport while he got them checked in then we went to the orphanage.  The orphanage was close to the airport, but on the other side of the airport from the hotel (think hotel to the north and the orphanage to the south...although I don't know my directions here, so it may east/west, I don't know).  Its in a smaller (feeling), quieter part of Beijing.  I was a bit surprised when we drove up to it.  It didn't look like the pictures I have seen of it.  I tried to snap a few of the buildings, but we didn't go very far into it.  Rachel was walking up the stairs to the building we were getting her at when we drove up.  So, we met on the steps.  She led us up the stairs to th room we were meeting in.  The orphanage director came out of his office to meet with us.  It was very surreal.

Rachel is a very sweet girl.  She is very caring.  She wants to use the phone right now, so I will post more later.

No comments:

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)