She is very brave. We stopped at a shop so that we could get our family picture taken for the documents and she had no problem talking to the other customers in the store. They commented to the guide that she is very brave and very confident to talk to them. She exudes confidence, but not in a haughty way. It was very clear that she has a lot of friends at the orphanage. Unfortunately, the orphanage director would not let her introduce me to her friends. He said they would be sad and start crying that they do not have a family. I can see his point, but I disagree with his approach. When we left the orphanage today, she will not be back. She had pictures of a friend who came back to visit after being home with her family. She said the friend could not come to the orphanage, but that they met a restaurant to see her. It made me sad. I understand where he is coming from, and it was clear that he cares for the kids, but I think he inadvertently punishes those who have a family. She was sad she couldn't see them. She is so sweet. She is very caring, very helpful. Honestly, I think it is her personality. I could be entirely wrong, but she seems very genuine.
We had a good long "talk" via google translater (thank you Patty for that tip!). But it takes so long for her to get it to say what she wants. It is certainly a tool we will use often, I'm sure.
The first thing she said to me was "where is mei mei?" (where is my little sister?) She was very disappointed she wasn't here. In fact, she's asked several times if we could call them so she could see Megan and DH (or father as she calls him). She is anxiously awaiting the opportunity chat with them. I am, too. Maybe we're still in honeymoon period (and that would not surprise me), but I am head over heels for her. Truly.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
10 comments:
Oh, Kris...Rachel is such a darling girl! What a sweet first day together.
I'm so sorry you didn't get to meet her friends. Ugh.
I can't wait to hear more about your precious girl in the days to come!
Congratulations .... what an emotional day for you all.
Rachel looks beautiful.
Mary Catechis
Happy Easter....so glad you had a meeting like this and you are bringing this wonderful girl home....blessings.
She is sooo beautiful. I am so happy,she did so well!!! Happy Easter!!!
Stacey D
Kris!!! What a joy to wake up on Easter to this wonderful news!!! Love the pics-- what a beautiful and joy-filled girl!
Thank you for your note about Hope that brought me to tears! How amazing and appropriate for this Easter morning that our girls will turn from "CWI sisters" into "Texas sisters." Rejoicing with you and ready to wear out I-35 and skype!! :)
Love and congratulations to you, Mama!!!
Elissa
aka your #1 blog stalker :)
Kris! What a great first day! It sounds like things are going really well. I'm sorry they were so stinky about meeting the friends. I see their point, not sure I agree......I haven't decided how I feel about that one, I sort of wish we'd done what has happened with you--I think there really is value to making a clean break and starting anew. Anyway, glad you are with your sweet girl now! Keep the great posts coming!!
YAY! WE are reading this with tears of joy for you guys. I am so glad that it is going well and hope that you are able to enjoy this time together with the two of you - although I am sure you will all be so anxious to be together as a "big family." Love you guys tons!
Clark & NaTosha
I am so happy for you and Rachel...looks like everything is going very well! Yay! Keep up the good job of posting on your blog. Love reading your post about Rachel. Can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations Kris and Happy Easter! What a precious day for your family! Rachel sounds wonderful! Praying for you as your mother-daughter hearts become one!
-Melissa
Amazing! She sounds wonderful. I agree with you it sounds like he's punishing the ones that get adopted. Wish she was able to say goodbye to her friends.
Google translator is a great idea. I think there is an actual handheld translator you could get for the first few months home. Didn't even think about that until now.
Post a Comment