About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, April 08, 2011

I'm so far behind!!

There are so many things that I've taken pictures "for the blog" and so many things Megan is doing that I want to get on here. But quite literally, every week since July I've had something demanding my time. The dissertation took up June, July, August, September and most of October. The end of October was our first garage sale. Then the beginning of November we had a Scentsy fundraiser which lasted until mid-November, the BBQ Bash, then it was Thanksgiving...followed by graduation (and mom & Katie's visit)...followed by Christmas. Then I taught a class the week after Christmas. Then January...which was spent getting ready for a consignment sale, and spring semester starting. February held play dates for Megan and the consignment sale. March was again, teaching another one week class, faculty meetings for me, a lot of over-time for Dad and the March garage sale with a little travel preparation sprinkled in. Then Monday, April 4th, we received approval to travel! This past week has meant airfare decisions/purchases, shopping for clothes for Rachel and some packing. Of course, the semester is not over for me, yet. So, I've been grading papers, reading discussion board posts as well as keeping up the house--make that catching up on the housework from a whirlwind few weeks!

So, at this point, I'm leaving for China on April 21st and getting Rachel on Easter Sunday! What a sweet surprise. Ian was born was Easter Sunday and Rachel joins our family on Easter Sunday! It fills my heart with joy. I'll come home May 5th. I don't know any additional details, but Dad will home until May 23rd. I know we will enjoy having him home those weeks! And I plan on blogging while traveling...I'm hoping to find time! :-)

No comments:

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)