1. WE BOUGHT A NEW CAR! Our Explorer has been giving us problems for a few months and we pretty much knew it's days were numbered. So, we've spent the past couple of weeks researching and went looking (aka shopping for us, we never just look!) on Monday. We test drove this one...and realized it was THE car (even though we had planned on buying a used one)! The new model has quite a few more safety features the previous models do not--it was a huge factor in our decision, and the price was not really all that much different. So, there you have it. We are the new owners of a 2008 Ford Escape. The color is interesting, officially called "Light Sage", but looks a little gray or cream with a hint of green. Interior is a light tan (they call it camel). Can I just say: LOVE IT!
2. The Spring semester started yesterday...figured out yesterday there were things that were screwed up in the class, so I frantically worked on fixing them before the students figured it out! Man, I swear I can do all the planning in the world...and it STILL does not go right! And I really need to figure out a routine for checking 2 classes...tracking it all, etc. I'm trying not to get stressed, yet anyways!
3. We are just days away from referral...I'm hoping they will be mailed on Friday so we'll get them the beginning of next week. I'm thinking though, with not one rumor, they'll likely not be mailed this week. As long as we get it next week, I'll be happy! (Of course, if I had a choice, I'd prefer it be toward the beginning of the week! haha)
So there you have it...a crazy, exciting week! And next week...well, it will top them all!
7 comments:
Congrats on your new car!!!
Congratz on the car. Very nice!
Can you explain what is about to happen?
You find out the referrals are on the way, do you know who your referral is at that point or not until they arrive.
And then what happens?
Good question, Debbie!
When we find out referrals are on the way, we have no idea who specifically is in them. We likely will have some idea of the days that are included, though, but not always (like last month for example!). Our agency receives the package and usually calls us that day or the next day with Megan's basic information (DOB, location, etc.)...and emails us a photo right away. The translated documents of information on her will then be sent to Rachael, our social worker at Buckner. We'll then go up and meet with her, review the documents, etc.
Thanks for the explanation. It's so exciting. I hope you hear news soon that she's on her way.
How fun to get a new car!
I can't wait to hear wonderful news from you, I've been checking in regularly. It's been a while since Buckner's had any China referrals, hasn't it?
Are there any other Buckner fams waiting for referrals in this batch???
The last Buckner China family traveled in July (yet, they were logged in less than 2 months before us). We are the only ones in our group, but there is another Buckner family with Dillion who is logged in 12/28, I believe. So they might get both of us this month, OR one this month and one next.
The last Buckner China family traveled in July (yet, they were logged in less than 2 months before us). We are the only ones in our group, but there is another Buckner family with Dillion who is logged in 12/28, I believe. So they might get both of us this month, OR one this month and one next.
Post a Comment