I feel like a pregnant woman a week past her due date.
While I didn't experience that with Ian, I CLEARLY remember my mom being 2 weeks overdue with my little sister (I was 10). She wouldn't leave the house...every time she did, people would say, "you haven't that baby yet?". Of course, my response would be: "No, I have, I'm just this fat! Obviously, I haven't! Thanks for pointing that out, I might not have known otherwise." (of course, I didn't get the snide remark skills from her, she would NEVER have thought--let alone say--such a thing!) Anyways, she got very sick of it. So we rode our bikes to the store for the small incidentals so people wouldn't ask the question. (I grew up in a small town, everyone was in everyone's business.)
No...the baby's not here yet. We're officially past our due date. In fact, as of last night, they hadn't even been mailed to our agency yet!? News is it will likely be the beginning of next week before they arrive. How in the world am I supposed to wait ANOTHER weekend? HOW? Do tell...
Maybe I should stay in the house...and not answer the phone.
Update: The agency called DHL...they were sent yesterday (or was that today, only yesterday our time? anyways....)they will arrive Monday!! I don't know what time...but MONDAY! For sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
6 comments:
Screen all calls. Give Buckner a beeper number.
And then buy a T-shirt that says... "No news yet. Yes, it is taking a long time. Thanks for pointing that out."
That's a good one. or maybe..."If I knew something I'd tell you...trust me"
Or, You'd have heard the shouts of joy....
Yep...or I'd add at the end of your idea..."I hadn't noticed."
geez.
WOOHOO!!!! Only 4 (ish) more days.
Aww man Kris, I've had you on my mind and thought sure you'd have the news once I checked in. I'm so excited though that Rachel says the DHL is on it's way and surely by MOnday!!!!
It's like you know you're going to be induced hee hee!
Post a Comment