About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Saturday, January 19, 2008

It is Finished...Kinda

I am finished with the doctorate from the standpoint of the coursework. I passed my oral exams on Thursday morning (although technically I think it was around noon). At any rate, that part is finished. Now, I have the part most people falter at--the dissertation. See at this point you don't have regularly scheduled classes or a syllabus schedule created by someone else to follow. It's simply you. All up to your dedication, focus and discipline. My discipline says a year...we'll see if I can get it done in that time frame. I sure hope so! I want to be able to strictly focus on Megan as soon as possible! Yes, I will do that for a few months, but beginning this summer, research and writing is going to have to move up on the to-do list so I can ultimately get it off the list!

So there you have it...I'm officially a "Doctoral Candidate"...whatever that means!

2 comments:

D said...

congratulations!!!! what a huge step!

Deb said...

Congratz! Great accomplishment.

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)