About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Oh, Wow What A Day!

A new favorite place to play

Grandma V & Papaw on Thanksgiving
(Yes...TWO rings.)

She found this new place that's the PERFECT height for her crawl up on.

Today it seems like Megan had an exposition of new abilities! First, while I was getting her dressed this morning I asked her what a horse says. What was her response? She said, "Horse". WOW! I about fell over. I couldn't believe she said it!!! Then she was sitting on the couch, when she wanted to get down, she turned around and slid down feet first! I'm always sitting on the floor right by the couch to catch her if she decides to go head first, and when she's ready to get down, I help her by showing her how to turn around and go feet first. I think I've shown her a handful of times. I was absolutely AMAZED that she did it! In fact, to prove she knew it, when she was sitting on the fireplace and was ready to get off, she did the same thing! TWICE in fact! YEAH!!!!

And if THAT wasn't enough for one day...she colored for the first time. I've tried putting colors in her hand before to show her how to write on paper, but she's always just pulled her hand away and said "AAHHH" (aka, leave me alone!). But today, (when we were signing Daddy's birthday card--ssshhh, don't tell him, he'll get the card on Saturday) she grabbed the crayon, I showed her what it did on the paper with just a little help and she went CRAZY! It was very cute. Yes, we did get a few crayon marks on the floor, but they're easy to get off the tile.

But, wait, it gets better! She FINALLY drank out of a STRAW! I never thought the day would come. Truly. I've tried at various times--and she's always been fascinated by straws--but she just chews or grabs it and examines it. Well, today I had a straw in my coke (which she loves, by the way) and she sucked some up. Just a little the first time...she was SO SURPRISED to get some coke! Of course she signed "more"! haha. The next 2 times she really got a mouth full!! It was very cute!!! At this point, I said "all gone" despite her signing "more. more. more".

Quite an eventful day today...maybe that's why the night was SO CRAPPY!? Well, after 145am was crappy...I probably got about 30 minutes of sleep from that point on. Although, she did sleep until 5am--but then she didn't go to sleep until 730pm last night.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow! What a day for Megan. It's so much fun when they learn new things. Glad she's advancing in many areas.

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)