About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Funny...

The last several days Megan has refused to eat anything except peas. Well, I guess she's eaten some peaches and a few other little things here and there, but overall, all her favorites have not been "eatable" this past week. Well, everything that is except peas! So, last night for supper I was trying to figure out how to get her to eat something other than peas. I mean peas are not going to stick with her throughout the entire night, so I thought I'd try even though last week she would hardly eat an egg (she usually eats almost 2). I put some cheese in the eggs, but that didn't seem to matter. She wanted very little to do with them. So, I broke out the peas.

Well, all she wanted to eat was the peas...she kept signing "more, more, more" whenever there were none on her tray. So, finally I decided I needed to "take action" to get her to eat some egg. I said, you cannot have more peas until you eat one bite of egg. She threw a huge fit and kept signing "more, more, more!". I stuck to my guns. Honestly, I didn't think she understood what I was trying to get her to do. Oh, how wrong I was! Suddenly she grabbed a piece of egg and shoved it in her mouth (not without much wailing, I might add!). So, just like Pavlov, I gave her peas. I'll be darned if she didn't do it at least 3 times to get more peas!

I've said for quite a while that she is ALWAYS listening...but I'll be darned...she knows she's supposed to eat something other than peas! Although, I guess she could be demanding something FAR more unhealthy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned the bribery trick from a veteran mother of three! I haven't looked back since!!! It's awesome!

Deb said...

There's a book you need to get. Little Pea. It's about a pea family and the little pea wouldn't eat his dinner he wanted to go straight to desert. Dinner was candy and desert was spinach.

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)