Megan & I will be getting on a plane to visit family! I'm excited since this is the first Christmas since right after we got married 11 years ago that I'll be home for the family Christmas. HOWEVER, going to SD when they are having serious arctic blasts, is not exactly my idea of fun. Consequently, I've had to re-evaluate our clothing at least twice. I've gotten the warmest clothes we have, layering them and still don't think we'll be warm. Oh well. I'll appreciate our "frigid" 30 degrees when we get get back home.
Anyways...the next several days are going to be VERY tough. DH is being "required" to work 8-10 hrs of overtime this week--yes, Christmas week. And he has to work Saturday (which doesn't count toward those overtime hours). I think he's decided to work 4 OT hours on Monday & Tuesday. So, he'll leave the house at 4:30am and not likely return until close to 8pm those two days. ugh. And to top it off, I have a chest cold and sinus issues. Good timing, uh? I just pray that it's all over by the time we leave. So far Megan has shown no signs of not feeling well, but DH hasn't been so lucky. It seems he might be coming down with something to. I'm sure the fact that work has been so stressful and having to work so many hours doesn't help. Besides, neither of us have gotten much sleep this week. Megan is working on her "I" teeth...and I'm quite certain it has disrupted everything for her. Consequently, she's been awake from about 11pm-2am at least 3 nights this week. It is so frustrating that both of us end up being up for a portion of that time period. Yes, we're giving her pain meds...the poor girl has been on almost constant pain meds for about a month. We've gone through so many bottles of ibprofen, it's not even funny.
Needless to say, sleep has not been good at our house. I'm looking forward to seeing if our sleep issues are resolved once these teeth get in. I feel like we can't even determine if she has sleep problems (non-teeth related) until the teeth are in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
1 comment:
I've wondered the same thing about Izzy. She's been drooling and chewing like she is teething since she was 2 months old with no teeth to show for it.
Have you tried giving her ice during the day to help soothe the pain? One of the nurses at our docs office said that Sonic ice is great because she can pick it up and it is so small she can't choke on it.
Christmas sounds fun although very cold. I'll keep your travels in prayer with the weather.
Hope you survive the next two days with no help from hubby.
Post a Comment