About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is It Possible???

I'm not even sure if I should blog this yet...but I think it is an awesome illustration of what God can do. So here goes...

Back last Spring, our church did a RCCares Ministry project for an orphanage my friend works with in China. They did not have running water, and we collected money for the China Well Project (to helped fund the orphanage to dig a well and, in fact, they were also able to get a purification system so they won't want to boil it any longer!). Anyways, the staff decided to also give us $1,500 for Megan's orphanage to use to meet needs at her orphanage. We were overwhelmed at the time. We had NO IDEA what doors it could open for us when it was time to find out WHAT orphanage she was at, or when we would bring her home.

I found out today. The director of our adoption agency is in China right now doing humanitarian work at the three Hunan orphanages the girls from our travel group are currently living. I emailed to find out if he could tell me how best to meet the needs as Shaoyang orphanage. He was so grateful that the church would donate money and offered either 1) to find out what needs they have for us to purchase the items when we arrived OR 2) to pool the money with funds he had already alloted to give to Shaoyang and purchase the items right now while he is there. I felt that giving him the funds to meet the needs NOW is the best option (for a number of reasons not excluding the positive impact it could have on our agency--and other China families with the agency--in future relations with China). He then...and here's the miracle...asked IF he could arrange for us to visit her orphanage to see the donated items, would we be interested?

If you remember in my previous post, since her orphanage is so far away and many orphanages do not allow families to visit, I figured there would be no way for us to visit on this trip. I figured maybe when we go back when Megan is older on a "homeland tour" we could visit, but I NEVER expected to be able to visit now! Look how good God is...that because of the kindness of our church family almost a year ago, we may be able to visit her orphanage because of the items that will be purchased.

Is that not amazing? I'm flying on cloud nine...and it's still only a possibility. It might not happen, but the possibility is simply exciting to me!!!

4 comments:

Mommy Spice said...

That is awesome!! We were able to go to Spicy Girl's orphanage, and I am to this day sooooo very glad. You will get a chance to see where your daughter spent her first 9 months of life. We got to take a picture of S.G.'s bed, and that's it (inside). But, I'm so glad I have that one picture.

BTW, I posted Bethany on my blog. She just returned home from China with her family and live in the same city as you.

Anonymous said...

That is just so incredibly awesome! God is so good!

D said...

Just said a prayer that you get to go!

Deb said...

I got chills reading this. Oh my! That is such a blessing. I know what a privledge it would be to be able to see who cared for Megan and where she stayed. Wow! And what a great blessing for the agency's reputation there as well.

Congratz! I'll be praying it's able to happen.

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)