About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Monday, February 04, 2008

Introducing Our Daughter

Megan MeiLin

Birthdate: May 18, 2007

Age: 8.5 months

Weight: about 12.5 lbs

Province: Hunan (Known for "Spicy Girls"!)

We feel so blessed!
MeiLin (pronounced May-Lynn) is after Auntie Katie Mae & Nana Lin
We'll get more information tomorrow.

Surprisingly, she looks a lot like Ian! And her expression...just like many of the photos we have of him! God is so good!!!

22 comments:

Deb said...

AHHHHHH!!!! I was about to give up on hearing the news today. I'm guessing MeiLin is given name. It's so pretty.

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you both.
Are you doing anything special to celebrate?

Deb said...

Well... if I had read... It's still a beautiful name!

Anonymous said...

oh my word...congrats!
i am on my phone in traffic...will check back for the pic when i get home! yippee!!
congrats...i am so excited!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?? I can't wait to see pictures and I sure as heck hope we get to meet in China! (((HUGS)))

Newmies said...

I've been checking the blog all day and this is just the best news ever!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Welcome Baby Megan!!
Melissa

Paula said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for you! She is beautiful!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Debbie posted you had good news on your blog so I hopped on over. How incredibly exciting!! Your time has come, and your daughter is absolutely adorable :)

Carrie said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful baby girl. What a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! She's beautiful!

A said...

HOW EXCITING!! She is beautiful!!!

ana said...

I saw the news on Debbie's blog, and wanted to come say "Congratulations!" What a beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

She is SO beautiful!!! I can't wait to see her in person and see your joyful face as you hold her!!!!

Denise :o) said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!!!

Drake Hawkins said...

I am very excited for you!

Deb said...

She's so pretty. How wonderful that you see a resemblance to Ian in her.

D said...

Okay...so I checked last night and saw the picturets but didn't comment...but oh my goodness how cute she is! Can't wait for you to get TA!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I finally got the picture to load! She is sooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!! Our daughters were born in the same month too! I am just flipping out and jumping up and down! I am extremely happy for you!

Lori said...

YAY!!! Congrats!

Gail said...

Congratulations! She is so pretty!
Wishing you a speedy, safe and memorable journey to her.

Mommy Spice said...

Congratulations!! I have been thinking about you. She's just a doll. What city is she from? I use "code" names for our family, so, our Spicy Girl is from Yueyang City. I bet you guys will go to Changsha. Oh, I can't wait to hear details. We're going to Buffet City in Wax. for CNY celebration tonight (the whole playgroup). You guys are welcome to join us if you'd like...6:30pm.

BTW, this is "L" whom you saw at HEB the other day. LOL!!

Kim Haynes Hollenshead said...

The Hunan Province is one of those that I would travel to time and time again. What a blessing! Welcome MeiLin!

MandyJo013078 said...

Hi I found your blog through Debbie Brown's blog - I'm a single gal hoping to adopt from Russia soon! I originally wanted to adopt from China though before I found out they didn't take singles! I just wanted to say that your baby Megan MeiLin is adorable! I hope that I can watch your journey as you travel to get her and maybe I can get caught up on your blog before you travel! What a sweet sweet baby! Congrats!
Mandy Jo
http://2007-08russianadoptionblog.blogspot.com/
Here's my blog if you are interested! THanks for sharing!

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)