About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Counting

This morning in the bathtub...she was counting with dad..and kept going after 20...in fact, she went all the way to 29! She stopped then because she didn't know the word "thirty" (we've never counted this high with her before!)...we were both S-H-O-C-K-E-D!

I went to an adoption conference yesterday. It was amazing. You can see some of last year's sessions here. There were some awesome sessions last year...and this year was NO DIFFERENT! I'm really going to miss this conference when we move. Anyways, Dr. Karyn Purvis was talking about when kids feel connected and safe, they have explosions of language and learning. We have had major explosions since she started sleeping with us...she's clearly feeling very safe and connected. Even if you have no experience (or interest) in adoption, I'd encourage you to listen to the sessions as they are good for any parent or grandparent.

No comments:

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)