Here is Megan showing not only how to count to 20, but that she can hold up 2 fingers!
We've been busy around our house. The house went on the market this week and we are trying to keep it picked up and clean. What a job!!! We've had a couple of people look at the house, but no offers yet (thank goodness!). I honestly didn't realize how NOT ready I was to sell my house until I got the first "can so-and-so come showthe house tonight?" I really wanted to say "NO! I don't want to sell my house!!!" Of course, there are HUGE benefits of being back "home"...family...okay, that's the only one. And I'm sure the house we find up there when the time comes, we'll love, too. Eventually. We put so many hours into our house to make it the way we like it (minus most of the flooring), I'm not really ready to move on, yet. But, it'll be fine, I'm sure. I think God knew I was going to need some serious transition time with this huge move. DH is still looking and applying for a few jobs. So far, there's not really anything that jumps off the page. And there's not been any interviews. THE job is obviously not ready for us...or rather all of the things that need to line up are not ready for us, yet. Selling our house is only step 1, and we both feel that way. I really don't WANT to move into transitional housing, but truly, I'll survive. Heck, I've survived at lot worse. Can we can say Arkansas??? Geez. But that's another story!
Megan is doing awesome at school. She loves learning, so she's doing really well. Her teachers are really great. She doesn't even so much as sniffle when I leave her now. She's also been napping there. Of course when she does, she only sleeps 60-75 minutes, which is about half what she needs, but at least she is napping. Sometimes those evenings are tough, but we make it through with everyone looking forward to bedtime!
Her new favorite word is: umbrell-ell-llaaahhh. It's really cute to see her say it. In fact, when we were at the store this morning, she kept saying she saw umbrell-ell-las on signs that had kind of an umbrella type look to them. I could see where she could think that, especially if she was looking for them everywhere! She is also making HUGE advancements verbally. Putting words together, saying short sentences, saying what she is thinking. All these months of us constantly talking to her has finally paid off! She's communicating so much better now. Heck, she's made huge changes just in the last week! She keeps changing and growing. Sniff, sniff. She's not a baby anymore!
Megan is doing awesome at school. She loves learning, so she's doing really well. Her teachers are really great. She doesn't even so much as sniffle when I leave her now. She's also been napping there. Of course when she does, she only sleeps 60-75 minutes, which is about half what she needs, but at least she is napping. Sometimes those evenings are tough, but we make it through with everyone looking forward to bedtime!
Her new favorite word is: umbrell-ell-llaaahhh. It's really cute to see her say it. In fact, when we were at the store this morning, she kept saying she saw umbrell-ell-las on signs that had kind of an umbrella type look to them. I could see where she could think that, especially if she was looking for them everywhere! She is also making HUGE advancements verbally. Putting words together, saying short sentences, saying what she is thinking. All these months of us constantly talking to her has finally paid off! She's communicating so much better now. Heck, she's made huge changes just in the last week! She keeps changing and growing. Sniff, sniff. She's not a baby anymore!
1 comment:
I called Isabel my baby last night and she said 'No'. I like to think it was just a coincidence and that she's really not that grown up yet.
Megan is so smart. Love hearing her voice.
You are right about the house and everything. It will all fall into place the right way and at the right time but it sure is hard to let some of that control up.
Post a Comment