About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Saturday, April 11, 2009

5 Years...

One of my favorite photos of Ian

It's really hard to believe that it's been 5 years already. This morning I was reflecting on that morning...how I couldn't believe it was morning and still no baby...how absolutely exhausted I was after having a bad week of sleep leading up to the climatic weekend, with almost no sleep on Fri the 9th or Sat the 10th...and it was Easter weekend, then too. DH's brother and family were visiting for Easter...and how sad they were they had to leave before he was born...how our nephew refused to leave until he saw his new cousin (his parents won out and they left about 7 hrs before he was born).

Today we plan on marking his birthday by releasing balloons as we do every year. I believe we'll release 7...one for each day he was with us.

It's amazing to think that if Ian was still with us, we most likely would not have Megan...but we'd be thinking about kindergarten in the fall. oh wow, now we're simply looking forward to sleeping through the night!

Speaking of which...our pediatric sleep specialist appointment is Monday. Oh, how we've been looking forward to that day!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Such a sweet face. I'll be thinking of you and Keith today as you celebrate.

It's amazing to see how God works sometimes. I know you wish Ian were still with you but now you have the sleepless wonder to hold and love and tell about her big brother.

So glad Monday is finally here so you can get some help.

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)