Sleep update: DH & I have been splitting the nights. He takes until midnight, I take from then on. Man do I feel like a different person even if I only get 3 consecutive hours of sleep then hit or miss from midnight on. DH is having a much harder time functioning on much less sleep than usual. It just stinks in that I NEVER see DH. Seriously. He's been working late and getting home right about supper time. I put dishes away while he gets Megan ready for bed, then puts her down around 6-610pm. That's earlier than usual, but it seems like no matter what time she goes down, she's up at 4, so she might as well go down earlier. Besides, she is tired anyways. She has absolutely refused morning naps...no matter what. She can literally be dead tired, but she will NOT go down.
I emailed a friend who is a pharmacist to ask if there were any sleep meds approved for kids. She said no, so I'm not sure what the specialist is going to tell us. I guess problem not give us a solution that will work immediately. Last night I'm quite sure she was having bad dreams--the point that she almost had her eyes open. And she did some sort of running/walking in the circle in her bed last night DH said. He said it was actually kind of funny. I don't know what that was about, but she went back to sleep almost immediately, so she likely wasn't even awake. That was right before I took over, and then she woke up when I took over. I had to rock her--she was awake for about 45 minutes. ***I should clarify, here. She was awake about 25 minutes in her bed rolling around trying to fall back to sleep. In fact, her breathing sounded like she was asleep, but her eyes were wide open. It was only then that I decided to go ahead and rock her. Otherwise, when she wakes up, we always try to wait to see what she's going to do. Sometimes we just shush her, she's rolls over and goes back to sleep. Sometimes she just goes back to sleep without us doing anything. It just depends.
She has sinus infection which has impacted her ability to breath and thus sleep. Hopefully, once she over this she'll be sleeping better and I can take the nights by myself. Although next week, I'm teaching a mini term. We have class the next 2 Saturdays from 8am-5pm and every night next week from 5pm-10pm. I'm not sure how the overnights are going to work since we both need our sleep. There's no way that I can last from midnight to 10pm. While I love teaching, I'm an introvert and it is SO EXHAUSTING. Seriously wipes me out. This is the first mini I've taught since we brought Megan home, so it should be interesting how it all works out.
Dissertation update: I have a plan, I have guidance, I have data. So, now it's simply finding time to research and write. Oh, and I am applying for a $3000 grant. Hopefully, I'll get it which can help with costs for this stupid thing. I still need to email my chairperson to tell him what's going on. Don't know where I'd be without my boss (is she still my boss if I'm on hiatus?). Anyways. She's awesome.
Photos later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
2 comments:
Hi Kris- Have you tried melatonin? I have read from other AP's that this has worked for their children, especially ones with night terrors and sleep issues. I'm sure you have probably tried everything but thought I would throw it out there just in case. I'm sorry you guys are going through this. I know it must be miserable for everyone. She sure is getting cuter as she gets older (is that possible?)
Wendy
Does she at least take a good afternoon nap? I hope so. You're doing a great job with the challenges that have been given to you. I'm glad that you're able to split the nights. Can you possibly have an understanding family member or friend come for the nights over the next week while you teach?
Good luck with the dissertation.
Post a Comment