About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, October 03, 2008

New Abilities

Newest Family photo
(taken on Tuesday)

Today has been quite the day for little Miss Megan! For the first time, she took about 5 steps by herself! YEAH, Megan. We've been really working hard to encourage her to walk by herself...our goal for her is that she would walk on her own before DH goes back to work in about 2 weeks. I think we can do it. She's so close. We're having her walk to each other several times a day. I'm anxious for her to walk. She's so difficult to keep under "wraps" in stores. All she wants to do is get down and crawl around. I'm not about to let her do that...hence the reason she needs to get walking! Yes, I'll have to chase her, but you wouldn't believe how fast she can crawl. Really. And she'll be down so she won't be wiggling in my arms.

The other thing she did today...which was amazing and hilarious at the same time. It was about 4:45pm and she was hungry. I figured she was hungry because she was SSSOOOOOOO crabby and it was about dinner time. She did her usual "look at me--I want something" scream. I replied in my usual way "well, my goodness!" as I turned and looked her. What did she do???? She signed "more" then "eat" then "please". Her first sentence. There are so many amazing things about that, but the most amazing thing is that I have ONLY EVER had her sign "please" when she is walking with her walker and she's bumped up against something and needs me to turn it around for her. The fact that she put it with her desparate desire to eat is absolutely amazing.

So, there you have it...the latest news at our house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's great! Walking and sentences...start filling out the college applications...she's on her way!!! Your SBP

Deb said...

That's so great that she signed a sentence. I know you're proud of your little girl.

Congratz on the first steps on her own.

Nice family picture. I have a hard time getting the three of us together. The one I posted recently is the first in months I think.

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)