About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Monday, May 26, 2008

We ARE Sassy...

Making Ornery Eyes...
which are then followed by...

Smiley Megan
as she smiles at us making the same face back at her

I don't know how we're going to survive the terrible twos (or threes as I've heard of late)...because I SWEAR to you we've already entered them. We definitely have a spicy one on our hands! WHEW!

We went to get her pictures taken for the first time professionally...what an interesting experience. She'd been a toot all weekend, but we attributed it to the 2 teeth she's cutting. Well, at least one of them have broken the skin--a little, anyways--but we were still being a little pill! Pretty much the only face she would give for at least the first 10 minutes of the session was what I call the "ornery eyes" (otherwise known at "angry eyes"...I always think of Mrs. Potato Head telling Mr. Potato Head on Toy Story to make sure to pack them before his journey to get Woody.) Whenever we make the face back at her, she lasts for a few more seconds, then breaks into a smile. The little toot...and usually throws in the rolling of the eyes at some point too. I knew God would give me kids with an attitude (and Ian sure had one!!!)...but man, I just don't think I'm up to this!!! It is exhausting!

<<HAHAHAHA>> and to think we thought she was laid back! Boy did she fool us! And the director said she was lazy...well, she needs to come to my house..the kid does NOT sit still (well except the store carts, but then she's still usually rocking side to side while she looks around)!!!! I always ask her if she has wiggles in her butt...because she is always wiggling.

(And by the way...YES, we did get one of the poses of her making this face at the studio...we HAD to. Good ammunition for when she's a teenager! Yes, I'm a mean mom.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate! We have a spicy one too. I am terrified of the terrible twos!

Deb said...

Such a cute face. The teeth make her look too cute.

I can already tell Isabel is going to have a little temper on her.

Drake Hawkins said...

Hillarious!

Missing you all at church!

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)