About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day and other Things

Well, our first Mothers Day with Megan was...uneventful. Unfortunately, I had so many papers to grade that I wasn't able to get done the week before that I spent the entire weekend doing just that--grading papers. So, Dad had Megan duty pretty much all weekend. Next year, we are hoping to be able to go to the zoo or park or something more fun than grading papers all weekend!

This video clip is Megan talking (which she does a lot of now). The funny part is that it took an hour for us to get this clip! (You should see each of the previous tries!) She is such a turkey...as soon as sees the camera, she will get quiet and just smile (which you'll see at the end of the video). Yes, it's dark--because unfortunately, my living room is dark--and we had to be sneaky! In fact, the rest of the story is that every time I heard her talking, I'd sneak from the office up the hall with the camera and try to catch her. She must have supersonic radar because she would get completely quiet even though she didn't see me!




The formula issue has been resolved (at least she's still drinking this new kind!). If only the sleeping would improve, but it's only been 6 weeks since we got her. So considering that...and the many beds she and I have slept in together in those 6 weeks, she really is doing well. I think the problem last night was that she was hot...I don't know how to keep her from getting hot, while not getting chilled. She had a lightweight sleeper on with absolutely no covers and yet this morning there was a HUGE wet spot from her head (yes, her head...not lower!). And it happened between 4:30am and 6am! In fact the sleeper at the base of her neck was all wet. So, any ideas on how to keep a sweater from waking up because they are hot...I'll take 'em!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I can think of is to increase the air circulation in Megan's bedroom, maybe with a fan?

My kids tend to sweat less during their sleep if I turn on the ceiling fan when the weather is warm/humid.

Tina :)

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)