We had to say Goodbye to our precious Dakota this weekend. She had a couple of seizures at the beginning of August that led us to believe she probably had a brain tumor. While (thankfully) she never had another one, she continued to decline in other areas and we felt like we wanted to put her down while she still had dignity and before the girls saw her at her worst. And believe me, we wanted to spare the girls the experience of seeing her in the confused state she was in after the seizure. It was very traumatic for her and for us. It was a very difficult decision for us and has been difficult for us and especially for Irish as he is missing Dakota. We've had Dakota since she was just 8 weeks old. She was over 13 years old and lived a long life.

This is Megan's attempt to take a picture of us with Dakota.

Dakota & Megan

Best buds...Dakota & Irish
taken just before we left with Dakota
God in his amazingness assured me that Dakota is in heaven when I was reading the
Walking with God by John Eldredge. If you have not read his book, I HIGHLY encourage you do to so. It will literally CHANGE your life! His Golden was also very sick. I read that particular part of the book just days after her seizures. It was confirmation that we were very close to the end for Dakota and that it was going to be okay. It has been a hard few days and I find myself at various times thinking "where's Kota?" to only catch myself. And Irish is a bit depressed, but he has had moments where is more lively. She has a great dog and she was my baby (even though she was supposed to be DH's dog!).
1 comment:
I'm so sorry. I know hard it is to lose a fur baby. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment