About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Updates

Megan is sleeping fairly well through the night now. For the past several nights, she has only woke up once sometime between 11pm and 1am. (Although last night she was up for about an hour during that time! She just wouldn't go back to sleep, although she was SO tired.) She wakes up again around 4am. As long as we go in there and rock her back to sleep, she'll then sleep until about 5am or 5:30am. We also began leaving her in her crib in the morning for a bit. Yesterday morning, it didn't go so well. (But it was my mistake, I know what I did wrong.) This morning she went in and out of sleep until about 6:15am! WOOHOO! I NEVER thought I'd be "sleeping" in until 6am! Last night I slept in my bed with Dad and I taking turns answering her cries. It worked pretty well, except we are both exhausted. Hopefully, we've turned a corner and tonight will go even better.

She's working on yet another tooth...top this time. Looks like the left side bottom has cut through, or almost cut through. She's really chewing on her paci and moves it to the right side.

Oh, I think she might be a lefty. All along she has favored her left hand to pick things up, do things with and throw things. And while she uses her right hand now so much more...she still favors her left hand. So...verdict is still out, but I wouldn't doubt if my parents finally have a lefty in the family! (Both of my parents are left handed, but all of us kids are right handed...I don't think my biology teacher could ever explain that one since left handedness is a recessive trait...meaning all of us kids should have been left handed--from a genes perspective. But we aren't...although I can do several things with the left hand including writing and eating--both of which came in handy in China while holding a sleeping baby!)

So...that's all I can think of right now...sorry, but there're no photos on this computer...so I'll put some up in the coming days...

No comments:

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)