We went shopping with Ann, a lady who does "personal shopping". We had Ann take us shopping when we came with Megan...oh man did we get the deals! She takes you to all the wholesale places so we pay at least 50% and in many cases 80% off what shops around the hotel are asking for the same things. She only charges $10 an hour and worth every single penny! She shops quick...so you are not wasting any moment of her time with her. I got pearls...very high quality pearls cheap. I got all sorts of really great things. One thing that's big this time (and not last time) are "sets" of placemats with chop sticks and napkins. Around the island they were ranging about $7-8 for a set of 6. I got a set for about $3. Yeah, I know I saved far more than what I paid her!!! Rachel kept up far better than I expected since she HATES walking anywhere. LOL. That still cracks me up!
Well, tomorrow morning at 10am (China time) we leave this crappy hotel (that I hope to NEVER stay at again!!!) for the airport. We get home (or rather to our home airport) at 11:05pm the same night. We'll be in "commute" for an entire 24 hrs. Yuck. Not looking forward to that at all. At any rate, I'll post again when we get home...I have several things I want to post about, but I need to get us to bed really soon since we have a busy day tomorrow. We need to be well rested. Thank goodness we're mostly packed. That helps.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
1 comment:
kris ... have a safe trip home, I will talk to you when you get home. God Bless
Mary C
Post a Comment