Pic of our hotel (2nd pic). Building across the street from hotel (I swear that those were not yellow & white when we were here last time), lots of people on the Island because of the trade fair. Parking....yes, they park that close! And a porsche, and ugly color, too! :-)
A couple of things ...we're at the "traditional" hotel for adoptive families and honestly I'm not impressed. We didn't stay at this hotel when we got Megan, and wished we didn't have to stay this time, but with the trade fair, the prices elsewhere were raised significantly. Its fine, but I've had several of "issues" for example this morning they told me breakfast was not included with my hotel (um, yes it is...has been the last couple of days and now it is not?). Also, when I ordered room service, they required me to pay when they delivered since I didn't give them 3,000 RMB when I checked in (about $500). Believe me, the hotel in Beijing far superior...and I never experienced these things there! Whatever.
And when we were at the Summer Palace, I had to go to the bathroom, but when I went to the bathrooms, they were all squatty potties...and the smell. Oh my gosh. It was horribly overpowering. Yuck. I couldn't do it...I held it until we returned to the hotel. It was a long time, but I could not bring myself to use the squatty potty with the pressure of others waiting to use my stall. Just couldn't do it.
Monday, May 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
No comments:
Post a Comment