- She's spelling about 100 words. She is obsessed with words. "what does this spell?" "How do you spell ...?" On and on. It gets a bit old, actually.
- She loves to play the Ladybug Game, Elefun, G0 Fish and Candyland. She likes to play Chutes and ladders, but doesn't have the patience to play it right (she just wants to slide down the chutes all the time).
- She likes to play ball. Scratch that..she LOVES to play ball!
- She loves to sing various bible songs. And she knows the words of lots of songs. Favorites right now are "I have decided to follow Jesus", "I am the good shepherd", "Ask, Seek, Knock", Jesus is knocking, Jesus loves me, Jesus loves the little children...I could go on and on. She has an awesome 2-cd set of 100 bible songs that she absolutely LOVES.
- And did I mention that she loves to play ball? I think so.
- She has her top two 6-yr molars. Yes, SIX YEAR molars. Overachiever. I just thought we had a teething break. sigh.
- She loves to pretend she's Hermie from Hermie & Friends (M@x Luc@ado's series). Hermie is a caterpillar, which means she crawls around the house everywhere--rather than walking. She also loves Punchinello. She uses all sorts of phrases from these movies: "Can I come too?" "What was THAT?" "That was close." "I think that's a pretty good idea" (as she puts her finger by her mouth as though she's pondering something).
- She now asks "How was your day?" when DH comes home from work, but she also asks me at various points throughout the day.
- She loves to wear her hat...and she looks so adorable in hats! She has the face shape for hats.
- She's so expressing her independence. She doesn't want to sit at the table to finish eating; she doesn't want to sit on the potty to go potty; she doesn't want to get dressed; etc.
- And did I mention she loves to play ball? Yep, I think I mentioned that.
As far as us, I am proposing my dissertation on Aug 24th. I then have to finish up writing the last 2 chapters in the month of September. We leave on Sept 24 to head to SD to visit family. I'll need to defend my dissertation by Oct 29th to graduate in December. We're still working on fund raising events including more hair clips, t-shirts, garage sale. Oh, and a raffle coming soon (probably October)! We're going to raffle an ipad for those you who want the newest technology, here's a great opportunity to WIN it! More to come. We still have a lot of money to raise to bring JiJie home. JiJie is Chinese for big sister, and until we have her new name determined, we're calling her JiJie. So, not a whole lot of time to blog in the next 2 months.
2 comments:
CAN'T WAIT TO MEET JI JIE!
Just now getting some time to sit and really catch up. She's such a smart girl. I just can't imagine all those changes in your sweet quiet girl.
Post a Comment