About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy 2010!

First off, I just checked...and I haven't take a single photo (well I took a couple today before Nana left) since Christmas. So, I have no new ones to share. I taught a class last week, so I was very busy with that...and very tired. Megan did great, but definitely missed her mommy time. Last night we took Nana out for supper and Megan wanted to sit on my lap almost the entire dinner (this is a request that started about a week ago or so). I think combining those last 2 year molars coming in and me being gone for a week is a recipe for needy-ness.

Second, I cannot believe we've (almost) finished the first decade of the millennium! It seems like JUST YESTERDAY we were celebrating 2000...where have the past 10 years gone?! My goodness, that's bad.

This weekend, I spent some time wondering what changes hold for Megan this year. What will her interests be NEXT Christmas...shoot, how BIG she will be! Even Nana mentioned she couldn't believe how big she's gotten. She just looks so gosh darn grown up. While that's exciting, its just so darn sad! My baby is growing up SO FAST. It's what kids are supposed to do, I know, it just seems like it's happening so fast. I thought it'd be FOREVER that she'd be wearing size 3T pants and 4T shirts, but it's pretty much here already. Somehow, less than 2 years after bringing my very small baby girl home, she's gotten all grown up. It's so exciting, yet so sad.

One thing I have forgotten to mention is Megan's most recent ability...she knows her right from her left. We're not sure where she learned it, but we've quizzed her on several different situations and she's always right!

Speaking of needy, my needy child is needing her mommy.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

When I was putting my video montage together, I noticed that Catherine outgrew her baby look over the year. She now looks like a full fledged toddler instead of a baby. They do grow up so fast!

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)