Just a few disorganized thoughts...
We have parrot on our hands...she mimics EVERYTHING. Words. Actions. Everything. Tonight as DH went to close the blinds, she followed behind him, reaching up to touch the blinds, then moved onto the next one. It was too cute! She often mimics words like "oh shoot." "gosh" "geez" and one day even said "oh crap"--right after I did, of course! Definitely have to watch what you say now!! SHE'S ALWAYS LISTENING!!!!
She can now say her alphabet. She does skip a few letters, but for the most part, she has them all down in order. Sometimes I volley the letters with her, other times she is just jabbering on about them. Also, you can now say a word and ask her what letter it starts with...I would say 99 percent of the time she is right. Even words she's never been asked before! Crazy, I know. Oh, it gets better...you can ask her what sounds letters make...and she'll tell you. Smart one, I say.
She is SO silly when we're at the table. Did I already tell this story? I don't remember...but we often pull her fruit out at the end of each meal (otherwise, we eat mostly fruit!). She's caught onto this...and tries to catch a glimpse of what fruit we're grabbing. Well, a couple of weeks ago, we got some really yummy peaches. They were large, had red-ish skin and were stored in the "apple" drawer. So every time I grabbed one out, she'd say "apple!" and I'd say "no, peach". It really became quite funny. Well, now the peaches are gone, and we've got some pears. But, she consistently says, "apple. peach." then yells "PEACH" in a fun voice which then turns into a silly voice. Now she adds "pear." to list...but still will insist on "PEACH." She's got quite the personality, this one!
She loves to say "whoa" for "no"...it does take a little adjustment to your thinking. She loves for us to ask her silly questions "is this momma's blankey?"...she says "whoa"..."daddy's paci?"..."whoa"..."Kota's pillow?"..."whoa". "who's is it?" and she says "MINE!". She loves to lay in bed in the morning for a good 10-20 minutes to just "talk" with me. I just love it...we practice our alphabet, the numbers on the clock, silly questions, etc. It's such a fun time.
She also knows most animals and what sounds they make. Our favorite is "meow", which she says in a soft, falsetto voice. Oh my gosh, I could just eat her up!!!
We are SO blessed!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
1 comment:
Such a great post. Your mommy pride and love for you daughter just jumps off the screen.
She's an amazing little girl.
Post a Comment