About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, August 14, 2009

Letters and Things...

Megan has now started affiliating beginning letters with words.

So far we have:

A, apple;
B, boy;
C, cat;
D, dad;
E, eat;
F, fish;
G, grandma (she signs it of course, and often says "mom-mom"); or go
I, Irish (of course!);
M, mom;
N, Nana;

I think I helped with E and F...otherwise, she came up with them all on her own. Everytime she sees one of these letters, she always says the corresponding word.

And this morning, she was reading the letters on the cereal box...in order. That's new...usually, she'll look for her favorite letter (O), then go from there.

I think reading might be right around the corner...oh boy, she's ONLY TWO!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Wow! She's so smart. Hard to believe she might be reading soon.

A tip I learned yesterday which you probably already know is when she is doing crafts or coloring to put her tools to her left. This helps train her to read left to right. I had no clue!

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)