I know, I'm late, but this week has been C-R-A-Z-Y. It was topped off with me getting hives on Monday night from the antibiotic I had been taking for 10 days. It was bad. I'm still a little itchy in my hair and behind my ears, but its manageable (although no fun!) compared to what it was Monday night. I've had hives from meds before, but this time was much worse than last time. I had them on my face--including my eye lids--besides all over my neck and torso. I think last time was on day 10, too. ugh.
I meant to take a picture BEFORE we went to school and I completely forgot, so I took one as soon as we got home (hence the blankey in the photo!). Megan did really well. We had planned on her being there for just 30 minutes. But, when I went to get her after 30 minutes, she was playing well (she didn't see me!), so I left and returned 30 minutes later. When I got there, she was crying (I could hear her when I walked in the door). She had been fine doing her own thing, but the teacher had just checked her diaper and I guess it was a reminder that Mom wasn't there. I don't know. Anyways, we came home. She hung on to blankey for about 20 minutes or so after we got home, then she dropped it and was fine. She then took a TWO HOUR nap! At an hour and half, I checked on her and she had not even moved. She was exhausted!
So, today was School: day 2. The plan was for her to be there an hour. She did well. They had music which she loved, of course. There are more kids there on Wednesdays. The teacher just said, there are more boys and it would overwhelm her sometimes (aka boys are rowdy!). So the teacher would simply take her into the hall to give her some space. She had her blankey and paci when I got there. There were signs she had been crying before and she was whimpering when I got there. She was glad to see me. She is really tired today, too. Between the stress of school, getting up early and not having a morning nap, I think she'll sleep pretty well this afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
1 comment:
Isabel loves being in the Kids Klub. But she doesn't sleep and thus starts to get cranky. It's about 3 hours and she takes a great nap in the afternoon. It's only two days a week though.
Glad she is doing well and that the teachers are sensitive to her needing space. That's awesome!
Post a Comment