Megan loves to copy this phrase, only hers sounds like "uh-uh". So cute.
This morning I left her in her crib after she woke up...she woke up at 5:07am (yes, ugh), and when I peeked in, she was just laying there rolling back and forth occasionally talking. She really, though being pretty quiet. So, finally, about 20 minutes later, I heard a "I'm fully awake" squeal, so I went to peek. She greeted me...standing in her crib. This is a first. Every other time she's pulled herself up to her knees, but never went beyond that (hence the reason it was quiet, I suspect!). So...this is the new trick. I suspect she'll be using it quite frequently for a while...even though she is DOG tired, she'll still try to pull herself into a standing position. Little stinker. Yes, it's exciting! But, that means mom can't leave her in there for too long anymore! Crap.
We're getting closer to her feeding herself. However, in true Megan style, she's got to do it her way. If you put you hand out with a cheerio or goldfish on it, she'll look at it a second, then lean down to pick it up with her mouth--forget the hands! She also does it if you put it on the ottoman...leans over and picks it up with her mouth. I guess that's one step closer!
BTW--ornery face is back again...we're seeing it more and more...like when she's drinking her bottle! If it wasn't so darn cute...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
2 comments:
Wow! 5am?! She's an early bird isn't she? Are you able to lower the mattress? Catherine has been standing in her crib since we got her. When we got back home, we put the mattress on the lowest setting. She can stand all she wants but she can't get herself out of the crib. When she starts to climb...that will be another story.
Too cute how she likes to eat.
Dave stood Isabel up in the crib the other day I freaked out. I told him not to teach her those things too early.
I hope her climbing out days are far away.
Post a Comment