Yes, I am whoa fully behind on blog posts...I have a whole list of things (in my head) that I need to post, but I never have the time (or the energy) do so. The girls are growing like crazy. I have some cute pics that I want to post, maybe I can get that done in the next few days. Besides, the bluebonnets are really beautiful right now, I'm hoping we can get our first ones with both girls in the bluebonnets in this weekend. I will post those--in a timely fashion, I PROMISE!
At any rate, we are selling the house...or attempting to, anyways. Long story...for another post. We hope to move closer to DH's work, to a larger school district where Rachel can see more kids "like her" in her classes and in the halls. So, because people apparently do not like the wallpaper in the kitchen, we decided it had to go if we really wanted to move the house for the price we wanted. We worked on that over Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday and finished up Friday. We have NEVER done anything like this...so we were really branching out here! The finished project is far from perfect. And we both say there are thing we would have done differently, but overall, we feel like it turned out pretty well. Here are a few pics from the progress:
Beginning the progress
What a disaster!!!
HUGE MESS!!!
Progress at the end of Tuesday night
Progress at the end of Wednesday night
Window are after paper removed and been textured
Paint morning...everything has been textured
Finished project
Its going to have to grow on us...and hopefully it won't take long to sell, but none of us really LOVE it. It does make the kitchen look HUGE (which it is), but its not near as homey as it was. And we all seem to think it looks awfully plain and boring.
In other news today marks FOUR YEARS since we got Megan! Its hard to believe that 4 years ago today we were handed this tiny, scared little baby girl. Man has time flown by. We hope to celebrate with some ice cream today!
No comments:
Post a Comment