About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 02, 2010

And now it's September...

Holy moly...where is this year going? Whoa.

I did defend my dissertation proposal at the end of August and all went well, so I'm continuing on the journey to get this thing finished up to graduate in December! FINALLY!!!

September is the month I have dreaded for some time. I have to finish writing my dissertation before we leave for SD on the 24th. Guess that means as of today I have 22 days to finish it. Holy cow. Needless to say, stress is very high at our house because life is not stopping for me to write. DH is unable to get any additional time off this month, so that leaves only weekends to write (other than naptime and some evening time). Of course, I'm still teaching an online class, so I must work on that as well. Combine that with preparation to leave (packing, arranging dog sitter, etc.), paperwork to bring JiJie home as well as fundraising. Yeah, just a little stress. DH did come up with a plan for Grandmom to come and visit for a week for me to write, so she'll be here on the 13th. That idea came directly from God! My goodness. I felt a million times better at even the possibility. She'll leave just a few days before we leave to head up to SD (and see her again!).

So, things a bit light on the blog front...and will be for a while. Of course, October is looking like its going to be a bit overwhelming as well. And may include another trip back to SD for a family function, plus a bunch of fund raising plans that just could NOT fit into September. sigh. November? Hopefully a little less stressful!

No comments:

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)