We feel the Lord leading us to go back to China to adopt! Its not at all what I expected...or anticipated! I completely believed we were done adopting from China, but apparently we are not.
Sunday night as I was rocking Megan to sleep, I began praying for our "missing" daughter. I was reminded of all the reasons DH has said we need to wait (M's sleeping problems is the biggest one! But him feeling too old to do this again being another). Then I know it was the Lord that asked why not an older child from China? I have always said if we went back to China it would be for an older child (10-13 yrs old). In China, once an orphan turns 14, they become ineligible to be adopted into a family. This option "overcame" all of DH's concerns as she'd be older so we would not likely have the sleep problems...although we'd have a whole host of other potential problems (like her extremely limited English and our almost non-existent Chinese skills)...and it addresses his concern of having a younger child in his "old age". I knew EXACTLY the agency we wanted to use and emailed them that night. I did more research on their website and saw some of their waiting children. There are 5 little girls on there...but one of them COMPLETELY caught my eye...not only is she beautiful, but she's 12 and needs to be adopted before Sept 2011 (A little faster than DH was thinking!!!). One of my "musts" was that she has to love younger children...knowing how needy my Megan is with older girls!!! Well, there was very little information on the "description", but it did say something along the lines of loves to play with younger children. We both feel this is our daughter. We've contacted the agency saying we want to adopt this little girl and have begun the paperwork to bring her home. She will be home in about a year. My hope is that we will travel in April...then all my children will have joined our family in April!
I ask that you begin praying for our new daughter (who we are calling Sister at this point, because we want her to have a say in what her forever name will be). I also ask that you pray for God to open the storehouses and bring the funding to bring her home. If you remember, God brought incredible miracles when we began the journey to bring Megan home. He brought us $22,000 in a span of about 6 weeks. While I certainly don't expect to have the funding in 6 weeks, I do believe that God can bring the money we need to bring this precious little girl home, too.
Megan has been asking for a sister for several months. I asked her Monday if she wanted a big sister or a little sister and she said "big sister". Of course, since then she's saying "little sister"! So, I asked her if she wanted 2 sisters and her response? "No, just 1." (and she will frequently remind us she "just wants one")! This kid cracks me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Words to Live By
James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)
4 comments:
Beautiful journey is about to begin to bring Sister home. So glad I get to experience it.
Congratulations on your new journey! I will be praying for you and your family!
So exciting and cool! I'm pumped for you all!
hey Kris! i just found your blog! i'm so excited for you and your soon to be new daughter! Daniel & I are hoping to adopt at some point, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment