About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Anniversary (a few days late!)

Here is my attempt at a self-portrait. (And if my subject would cooperate, it would be better! But he deserves to have a crazy photo posted--after all, this is the BEST of the goofy faces!) We went to Candice's wedding last night (yes, it was beautiful!)...and I couldn't help but think about our wedding 10 years ago: October 4, 1997. We've both asked each other: where has the time gone???? Crazy how time flies when you're having fun.

So, we are 20 percent of our way to my goal of celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary! We are certainly in a completely different place than I envisioned, but it's been fun and I wouldn't trade one moment for anything.

2 comments:

kitchu said...

Congrats on being 20% to 50 years of love! Found you through David and Amy- by the way, 2 incredible people that I once had the pleasure of spending some time with!

Newmies said...

Happy Anniversary!! 10 precious years!! Just think...next year you will need a babysitter to celebrate your 11th anniversary! Yay!!!
Melissa

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)