About Me

My photo
Texas, United States
I'm a professional student, professor, wife, aunt, sister, sister-in-law and daughter. I'm also mom to the amazing Megan and joyful Rachel.

Our Precious Girls

Our Precious Girls
Photo by Rachel
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Preparing Myself

Okay, potential bad news here (although it could be read as good news). Yes, I'm talking about projections for us getting referral. I've just scanned through the numbers of those that I KNOW are logged in before us in December. I've added it all up, guessing approximately how many families will be matched each month based on previous months, etc. It's not looking good.

I still believe it is looking good for 2007. However, November is not looking so good. Certainly, there is the possibility that they could begin to speed up more than I've estimated. Certainly, they could not speed up at all (which makes 2008 the year of Megan in our household). If my calculations are correct, we could miss the November group by ONE lousy DAY! While that would be more than disappointing and border on frustrating, it would guarantee us in the December batch. See there is a silver lining here. It would mean another Christmas without Megan, although being in the December batch means we will at least have her photo and know what providence she is in at Christmas time.

So, I'm putting it out there...if it happens there will much wailing and gnashing of teeth at our house for a day or two after referrals come out. But, after the sulking is over, the excitement of knowing we'll be in the next batch will propel us through the month, I know it will! Besides, we can't stay negative at our for too long...it's in our jeans (yes, I spelled that right!)!

3 comments:

D said...

You know...I've always thought, "If I am going to miss a batch...I want to miss it by one day!" That way, you KNOW you're next. With what's been going on recently...miss it by more than two and you just never know. Hoping all projections are wrong and it comes much sooner than you hoped! (I mean...sooner than you calculated...it's too late to be sooner than you hoped!)

Anonymous said...

Uggghhh! Who knew that the last part of our wait would be so hard!!! Why can't we just have some straight answers!?

geminirn said...

Happy 20 month anniversary!!!!!!We celebrated our #20 yesterday....who would have thunk???? well I guess we can at least say 20 months behind us(better than 20 months to go).

I'm thinking of referral in Dec./jan.HOPING for at least seeing her/his sweet little face in Dec. at the latest????Only CCAA knows for sure(what a GREAT Christmas present that would be).

Keep your chin up and everything crossed that this roller coaster ride will end soon.

Dianne LID Dec.19th/05
Canada

Words to Live By

James 1:12 - Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life. (MSG)